Call for Artists - Expression of Interest Opportunity!
Professional Artist - Expression of Interest Opportunity - Extended Deadline
Having a SLD like dyslexia can be really challenging. It can also be the hallmark of extraordinary ability.
Located in the historic Old Tramways building, SPELD’s new home at Donkey Wheel House includes a 3m X 1.8m arched panel in the reception area more recently incorporated into the fabric of the building in more recent years. In addition, there is an existing mural inside the secondary entrance done by Hello Tomato.
SPELD Victoria aims to commission an Australian dyslexic / SLD artist to create a fanciful, surprising and fun mural that will complement the heritage nature of the building. In accepting this commission you will become part of SPELD Vic’s story as well as the Donkey Wheel House story. We aim to make a video on the development and implementation of the mural.
How to apply:
- Your CV including details on prior art commissions, exhibitions, artistic interests and preferred medium (max 3 pages)
- Something about your life story and how having Dyslexia or another SLD has impacted your life and influenced your art (max 1 page)
- Your initial response to being asked to create something fanciful, surprising and fun that will represent your SLD journey and complement the heritage nature of the building; and be appealing to all ages.
- Your expectations of remuneration
- Your availability
- Recent works (or your artist website)
Your Expression of Interest can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org subject line: EOI Mural by cob 10/7/17 24/7/17 (extended deadline)
If you wish to discuss this prior to submitting an EOI, please send an email and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Site visit is welcomed, please contact us prior to schedule an appointment.