Work With Us
* Part Time or Full Time or Contractors (Thursday, Friday and/or Saturday)
* Be part of an established, expanding organisation with full case load
* Hybrid working conditions ( online and in person )
* Highly regarded and respected not-for-profit organisation
* Flexibility to work from home to complete reports
SPELD Victoria is the peak body for Specific Learning Difficulties (SLD) in Victoria. We work to serve the estimated 5-10% of Victorians with Specific Learning Disorders. Our vision is that Victoria is a place where SLDs are widely understood and are no longer a barrier to individuals achieving their full learning potential. We work with our members, government, schools, and community to make this vision a reality for all Victorians with SLDs.
This role requires a skilled clinical or educational and developmental psychologist with the capacity to envisage and grow the psychology service offerings at SPELD Victoria.
About the job:
* Work from Home and Office
* Undertake diagnostic assessments of children, adolescents and adults to investigate SLDs
* Potential to provide occasional professional learning for teachers, other professionals,
* and parents as part of SPELD Victoria’s workshop and outreach program
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
* Full registration with the Psychology Board of Australia, and accredited Postgraduate degree in Psychology
* Preferably Educational and/or Developmental Psychology.
* At least five years of industry experience post postgraduate degree
* Extensive knowledge in the identification and remediation of Specific Learning Disabilities.
* Demonstrated proficiency in psychological assessments (specifically WISC-V, WIAT-III), interviewing and
* intervention techniques with individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds.
* Excellent report writing skills.
* Strong communication, interpersonal skills & ability to develop positive rapport with all age groups.
* Capacity to advocate on behalf of clients.
* Experience and knowledge of evidence-based instruction and intervention programs for students
with Specific Learning Disabilities.
* Provide services to children and their families in relation to learning and well being.
* Well-developed problem solving and critical thinking skills
* Experience in an educational environment.
* Own ABN if seeking to work as a Contractor.
* Knowledge of professional literature or undertaken research)
* Experience in developing and running Professional Learning workshops.
* Knowledge of the Victorian school system.
If you are interested, please forward your Resume and a Cover Letter (max 3 pages) addressing the selection criteria to the CEO, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your availability with your application and copies of depersonalised assessment reports in relation to a child and an adult client.
You must have the right to live and work in Melbourne Australia to apply for this job.
Occasionally we seek experts in the field of Specific Learning Difficulties, be they experienced educational psychologists; allied health professionals; specialist teachers or researchers, to work with SPELD Victoria.
SPELD Victoria is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants with a disability and can adapt our application process to suit individual access requirements. Please contact us if you require any access support.
We are always keeping an eye out. So, if you have the skills, training, experience and commitment please express your interest today. When we are looking for new team members, we will be in contact.
Please check back in the future or email email@example.com with an expression of interest.